Bulk Liquid Storage Tank Management Course by Dargavel Engineering
Failing to maintain your AST’s can have catastrophic results:
Loss of asset, loss of product, cost of environmental remediation, adverse publicity and falling foul of your Government’s Environment Agency to name but a few, and we could add to this list the potential to cause loss of life.
In the recent past, 4 personnel were killed in an AST related incident in the UK, 8 in Kazakhstan, 2 in Singapore. How can our industry justify such a track record in the 21st century?
Learn how to avoid such incidents by effectively managing your above ground storage tanks.
Our course will commence with a look at the factors influencing the performance and lifecycle of AST’s. This will be followed by a work-through of the fundamentals of AST design according to API 650. Once our AST is in service, the relevant code switches to API 653 but we cannot even consider inspection and maintenance before we have cleaned the tank to hot-work condition – current methodology for non-man entry tank desludging along with techniques designed to reduce man-entry will be debated.
The importance of an accurate and comprehensive Inspection cannot be underestimated. The application of NDT to assess Suitability for Service and the creation of a Repair Plan will be illustrated with worked examples.
Finally, tank repairs and upgrades will be considered and their value assessed.
This training is highly recommended for Managers and Engineers.
Major Benefits of Attending include:
- APPRECIATE the fundamentals of Atmospheric Storage Tanks (AST) design
- BE MADE AWARE of innovative technologies designed to reduce / eliminate man-entry into the confined space
- UNDERSTAND how to dramatically reduce the time required to prepare your AST for inspection and repair
- CONSIDER the application of Non-Destructive Examination to assess the condition of your AST in both the on-stream and off-stream situation
- ADDRESS the decisions to be made when optimising your in-service storage life-cycle against the Repair Plan
- EVALUATE the scope of mechanical repairs to foundation, tank bottom, tank shell and roof
- COMPARE the value of upgrading your AST during the maintenance project
- LEARN how it is possible to recover the valuable element of tank residues thereby reducing the volume / cost of off-site waste disposal and benefiting from the value of recovery