Onshore Pipeline Design Basics for Technical and Non-Technical Management Professionals. – 2 day Course by Dargavel Engineering
Significant ‘engineering’ is required to design, build and operate a pipeline.
Successful onshore pipeline businesses require personnel who appreciate the integrated approaches to planning, design, construction, operation, and asset integrity management.
This intensive, 2-day foundation level course explores best practices for designing pipeline systems based on accepted International Codes, that maximize life cycle reliability and cost efficient, whilst maintaining highest environmental and safety standards.
This course is designed for participants requiring needing a broad understanding of pipeline design. Design and team exercises are an integral part of this course.
Major Benefits of Attending:
- APPRECIATE the fundamentals of onshore Pipeline design
- BE MADE AWARE of innovative pipeline technologies
- UNDERSTAND what is required to Engineer and design Pipelines
- CONSIDER the construction and operation of pipelines and the impact on the design
- ADDRESS the decisions to be made to arrive at a design for construction and operation.
- EVALUATE the Pipeline design variables
- COMPARE the various Pipeline design codes and standards
- LEARN the major elements of Pipeline Design
This training is highly recommended for Managers and Engineers involved in the following capacities:
- Oil, Gas, Refined Products, LPGs, CO2 and other products Pipelines
- Operations and maintenance of pipelines
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Loss Prevention
- Technical i.e. Mechanical and Piping Design
- Production and Process
- Project Planning
- Pipeline facilities (Fuel Storage/ Pumping/ Gas Compression)
- Regulatory approval and planning of pipelines
- Environmental protection
It is also crucial for personnel to have at least 3-5 years’ technical experience within these industries:
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Industrial Assets
The ‘Aim’ of this course is to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills necessary to participate in Pipeline design. The ‘Objectives’ by the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Pipeline Design
- Have an understanding of pipeline standards
- Understand the importance of route selection and hydraulics for long term profitability and reliability
- Describe the importance of route selection and hydraulics for long term profitability, reliability, and safety
- Demonstrate good Pipeline design practices
- Demonstrate engineering and design practical experience
Download further Course Information on our: