Cathodic Protection for Pipelines, Storage Tanks and Process Industrial Plant Assets – 2 day Course
Cathodic protection can, in principle, be applied to any metallic structure in contact with a bulk electrolyte.
In practice its main use is to protect steel structures buried in soil or immersed in water. It cannot be used to prevent atmospheric corrosion. Therefore, Structures commonly protected are the exterior surfaces of pipelines, ships hulls, jetties, foundation piling, steel sheet-piling, and offshore platforms.
Cathodic protection is also used on the interior surfaces of water-storage tanks and water-circulating systems. This Cathodic protection training course is provided for personnel who, for their work, need to understand some of the principles of cathodic protection.
Major Benefits of Attending:
- APPRECIATE the fundamentals of Cathodic Protection design
- BE MADE AWARE of innovative technologies
- UNDERSTAND how to dramatically reduce the time required to engineer, design, install and commission Cathodic protection
- CONSIDER the types of cathodic Protection
- ADDRESS the decisions to be made when optimising your in-service life-cycle.
- EVALUATE the scope of corrosion related repairs
- COMPARE the value of upgrading your Cathodic Protection
- LEARN the major elements of benefits of Cathodic Protection
This training is highly recommended for Managers and Engineers involved in the following capacities:
- Oil, Gas, Fuels, Water and other products Pipelines
- Above-Ground Storage Tanks
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Loss Prevention
- Operations and Maintenance
- Technical and Mechanical
- Production and Process
- Project Planning
- Pipeline, Storage Tank Design
- Pipeline, Storage Repair
It is also crucial for personnel involved in the operation and maintenance of pipeline and Assets within these industries:
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Oil and Gas
- Steel Mills
- All Industrial Assets
Download further Course Information on our: